In this guide, we will discover: 7 Reasons Why Android Apps Are Running Slow & How to Fix It – Easy Beginners Guide
There’s nothing more frustrating than trying to use an app that takes ages to respond. Laggy apps are a sure way to leave a bad taste in a user’s mouth. After all, most people expect apps to load quickly and provide a seamless experience. Well, fear not! In this article, I’m going to share with you 7 reasons why your Android apps run slow, and more importantly, how you can fix them. By the end of this article, you’ll have all the knowledge you need to optimize your Android device and enjoy lightning-fast app performance.
So sit back, grab a cup of coffee, and let’s get started.
7 Reasons Why Your Android Apps Are Running Slow
Here are 7 reasons why your Android apps might be running slow:
- Outdated software: If you haven’t updated your Android operating system or apps in a while, outdated software may be causing performance issues.
- Low storage: If your device is running low on storage space, it can lead to slow app performance. Consider deleting unused apps, files, and photos to free up space.
- Too many apps running in the background: If you have too many apps running in the background, it can put a strain on your device’s resources and lead to slower app performance. Close any unnecessary apps to free up resources.
- Network issues: Slow internet or mobile network speeds can cause apps that require a network connection to run slowly or even crash.
- Heavy app usage: If you’re using an app that requires a lot of processing power or data, it can lead to slower performance.
- Malware or viruses: If your device has been infected with malware or viruses, it can slow down app performance and cause other issues.
- Device hardware issues: If your device is old or has hardware issues, it can lead to slow app performance. Consider upgrading your device if it’s outdated or taking it to a repair shop if there are hardware issues.
Now that we know about the reasons behind the slow Android app, let’s fix this issue.
How To Fix Android App Running Slow
1. Give Your Android Phone A Restart
The solution might be simpler than you think. All you need to do is perform a simple restart. Just like our Laptops/PCs, restarting our smartphones can help them work through any performance issues. You can speed up the RAM and eliminate all open temporary files on your Android smartphone by rebooting it. This simple step can significantly increase the loading speed of the apps, giving you a smoother and faster experience.
2. Uninstall The Apps Your Are No Longer Using
Each app that you download onto your smartphone takes up a portion of your device’s memory. Since your device has a limited amount of memory space available, it’s important to only keep the apps that you use regularly. Any apps that you don’t use and keep installed on your device will do nothing but occupy valuable space and potentially consume important system resources.
Simply find the app you are no longer using and tap & hold onto it for 2 seconds and then choose the Uninstall option. Press Ok to confirm the action.
3. Clear Apps Cache
Your phone stores data in the form of a cache every time you perform a task. The cache’s purpose is to help you load things faster the next time you perform the same task. However, the buildup of cache data may negatively affect your phone’s speed and cause it to sluggish down. This is due to the cache data using up RAM’s valuable memory space. It’s crucial to routinely erase the cache data to make room in the RAM of your phone to keep it operating at peak speed.
- Open your phone’s Settings > Apps & Notifications.
- Here you will find all the apps installed on your smartphone. Tap on the particular app and then choose Storage & Cache
- Now tap on the Clear Cache
Perform this for all your apps regularly.
Read Also: How To Remove Photos Cache And Junk Images From Your Smartphone
4. Use Lite Versions Of The Applications
Popular applications like Facebook and Twitter offer a lightweight version of their apps, known as a “lite” version. By using these light versions, you may speed up your Android phone and greatly increase the performance of your smartphone. By using a lite version app, you can enjoy the same functionality as the regular version of the app while reducing the strain on your device’s resources. So, if you want to speed up your Android phone, consider switching to the lite version of your favorite apps.
5. Install Apps Only From Trusted Platforms
Numerous Android apps pretend to be helpful but are phony and made to seize control of your smartphone and steal sensitive information. Installing apps from untrusted sites is dangerous for your device and you, so only download them from reputable stores like the Google Play Store. By sticking to known and trusted sources, you can avoid the potential risks of installing a fake app and protect your device and personal data from unauthorized access.
6. Clear Up Storage Space
One of the simplest methods to speed up your smartphone in the modern, fast-paced digital world is to store all of your data in online storage solutions. In today’s fast-paced digital world, one of the easiest ways to make your Android phone faster is by storing all your data in the cloud. By doing so, you can make your data easily accessible from all your devices and free up valuable internal memory on your Android phone. This freed-up memory can then be used by other apps on your device, thereby increasing your device’s overall performance.
- Open your phone’s Settings >Storage
- Then tap on Free Up Space.
7. Use A Trusted Anti-Malware App
Using an anti-malware app on your Android smartphone is essential to maintain the health and performance of your device, especially when your apps are running slow. Malware, such as viruses, spyware, and adware, can often be the underlying cause of slow app performance and other issues on your device.
Malware can infiltrate your device and cause a wide range of problems, including consuming valuable system resources, slowing down app performance, and even stealing sensitive information. This is why you should use the Systweak Anti-malware application to safeguard your Android device. By installing Systweak Anti-Malware on your Android smartphone, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that your device is being actively monitored and protected against potential threats. This powerful app works to detect and remove malware from your device, protecting your personal information and sensitive data from being stolen or compromised.
To download and install the Systweak Anti-Malware app, simply click the button and follow the on-screen instructions.
Read Also: What Is Joker Malware? How Is It Affecting Apps On Google Play Store?
To Wrap This Up
There are many reasons why your Android apps run slow, but there are also many ways to fix them. By following the tips outlined in this article, you can optimize your device and enjoy lightning-fast app performance. So, don’t let slow app performance get you down – take action today and start enjoying a smoother Android experience.