In this guide, we will discover: Aadhaar update online: How to change address in Aadhar online? – Easy Beginners Guide
Changing your address in Aadhaar is a crucial process that ensures all your government-related documents and services reflect your current place of residence. Aadhaar, the world’s largest biometric identification system, has made it easier for Indian residents to update their address online, without visiting an Aadhaar center physically. In this article, we will guide you through the step-by-step process of updating your address in Aadhaar online, making the process simpler and more convenient for you.
What is Aadhar?
Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the Indian government to its residents. It is the world’s largest biometric identification system and is based on the biometric and demographic data of the residents. The Aadhaar system was launched in 2009, and it is managed by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). The Aadhaar number serves as a proof of identity and address for Indian residents and is linked to various government and non-governmental services, including subsidies, bank accounts, and mobile connections. The system aims to provide a robust and secure identity infrastructure to Indian residents, enabling them to access various services and benefits easily.
How to change address in Aadhar online
To change your address in Aadhaar online, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) – uidai.gov.in
- Click on the “My Aadhaar” tab and select “Update Your Address Online” option from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number or 28-digit enrolment ID number and fill in the security code.
- Click on the “Send OTP” button and enter the OTP (One-Time Password) received on your registered mobile number.
- Select the option to update your address and fill in the required details like your new address.
- Upload supporting documents for address proof, which can be a passport, voter ID card, utility bill, or bank statement.
- Review your details and click on the “Submit” button.
- After submission, you will receive an acknowledgement slip with a URN (Update Request Number). You can use this number to track the status of your Aadhaar update.
Note: Your address update request will be verified by UIDAI, and once it is approved, you will receive a new Aadhaar card with your updated address.
You can follow Smartprix on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Google News. Visit smartprix.com for the most recent news, reviews, and tech guides.