In this guide, we will discover: Get Ready for Better Connectivity: Android 13 QPR3 Beta 2.1 Has Arrived! – Easy Beginners Guide
In a rapid succession of releases, Google has now launched the Android 13 QPR3 Beta 2.1, which comes with a new March 2023 security patch. This new update comes just a little over a week after the previous Beta 2 release, and Google is showing no signs of slowing down.
A patch, Beta 2.1, and a fresh batch of modem updates have just been made available for Android 13 QPR3, also known as Quarterly Platform Release 3. Since Beta 2 was just released a week ago, the most recent upgrade is quite a surprise.
“According to the official release notes from Google, the latest version of Android has only one improvement listed, and that is to the modem.”
Android QPR3 Beta 2.1
Android 13 QPR3 is the latest iteration in a series of updates that build upon the previous versions of the Android 13 operating system. This new release incorporates the refinements and improvements made in Android 13 QPR2 and the initial Android 13 release while also introducing a new set of performance and stability enhancements.
|Release Date||April 6, 2023|
|Security Patch Level||March 2023|
|Google Play Services||23.11.15|
A noteworthy point regarding Android 13 QPR3 Beta 2.1 is that it has not yet incorporated the April 2023 security patch, which aligns it with the stable Android 13 version.
Resolved Issues in Android QPR3 Beta 2 and 2.1
- Resolved a problem related to volume control. Specifically, users were previously experiencing a flickering of the volume panel when using the volume buttons to adjust the volume.
- Addressed an issue that caused the system UI to get stuck in a blurry state during certain actions, such as unlocking the device or ending a phone call.
- One of the issues that have been resolved in the latest Android 13 QPR3 Beta 2.1 update relates to the notification shade. Previously, users were experiencing an issue where the notification shade would close immediately after being opened.
- Resolved AOD issue, where the users used to have a problem where, after unlocking the smartphone, the always-on display would cover apps and other information.
- Fixed a problem that prevented a device from wirelessly copying data and apps during initial setup.
Also Read: What To Expect With Android 14 Developer Preview 2
How To Get Android QPR3 Beta 2.1
For those who are already using Beta 2 of Android 13 QPR3, Google has announced that an over-the-air (OTA) update to Beta 2.1 will be automatically pushed to their devices. Google has stated that consumers that upgrade to QPR3 Beta 2 while still running an earlier Beta edition of Android 13 will instantly get the Beta 2.1 fix.
You can get the taste of Android QPR3 Beta 2, 2.1 on the following Pixel devices:
- Pixel 4a & 4a (5G)
- Pixel 5 & 5a
- Pixel 6, 6a, & 6 Pro
- Pixel 7 & & Pro
If you are using these above-listed devices then head over to this link to get the latest Android QPR3 Beta updates.
Read Also: Believe It or Not – Your Android 13 Can Run Windows 11