In this guide, we will discover: How Commander One Works as the File Manager For Mac – Easy Beginners Guide 2023
So, let’s begin!
Mac users frequently want a dependable and user-friendly file manager capable of handling regular activities. With so many file managers on the market, selecting the correct one can be difficult. In this post, we’ll introduce you to Commander One, a dual-panel file manager for Mac with plenty of options to help you easily manage your files.
We’ll look at Commander One’s features and how it facilitates file management on your Mac. This article will help you understand how Commander One can speed up your file management duties and improve your entire Mac experience, whether you are a beginner or a regular user.
What is Commander One?
Commander One simply called a file manager for Mac. It is a simple file management application designed specifically for macOS. It offers a classic dual-pane interface that allows users to browse multiple tabs simultaneously, rename and create files, and manage hidden files.
The software includes basic file management functions in the free version. In contrast, the Pro pack includes additional benefits like mounting MTP and iOS devices, support for additional archive formats, and a terminal emulator.
Commander One simplifies file management by allowing users to move entire folders without compression. Developed by Eltima Software and now under the Electronic Team brand, Commander One provides advanced search options and shortcut key setup, making navigating and managing files easier.
Additionally, the software provides a built-in FTP client, allowing users to connect to remote servers and transfer files directly from the file manager. The Pro pack also includes support for archive formats such as RAR, TBZ, TGZ, and 7z, providing users with more flexibility in managing their files.
How Does Commander One Work?
Commander One functions by delivering a user-friendly and customizable interface that allows users to easily manage their files. Here are some of Commander One’s primary features and functions:
- Dual-Pane Interface: Commander One’s dual-pane interface allows users to view and control two directories simultaneously, making it simple to move, copy, and modify files without switching between folders or windows.
- Customizable Interface: Commander One’s interface is fully customizable, allowing users to modify the layout, color, and font. Users can also set hotkeys and shortcuts to expedite file operations and navigation.
- File Transfer: Commander One supports various file transfer protocols, including FTP, SFTP, FTPS, and WebDAV, allowing users to rapidly and conveniently transfer files between remote servers and local workstations.
- Cloud Integration: Commander One connects with popular cloud storage systems such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and Amazon S3, allowing users to manage their cloud files and folders straight from Commander One.
- Archive Management: Commander One enables users to compress and extract files in a variety of formats such as ZIP, RAR, and 7ZIP, making it simple to manage vast volumes of data.
- Advanced File Operations: Commander One supports advanced file operations such as file search, file selection, file grouping, and file filtering, making it simple to organize and manage files.
Commander One simplifies file management on the Mac by offering a complete collection of capabilities and an intuitive interface. Users may tailor their process to their specific requirements, saving time and effort in maintaining their files.
Features of Commander One
Commander One offers a range of powerful features to simplify file management on macOS. These include:
- Built-in support for FTP, SFTP, and FTPS protocols, allowing users to connect to remote servers and set file permissions.
- 7zip support for compressing, extracting, and searching files and full access to archived files.
- RAR format support for extracting, full access, and search capabilities.
- TarGz support for compressing, extracting, and searching files, with full access to archived files.
- Custom themes allow users to customize the appearance of the file manager to their liking.
- Ability to easily connect and easily access files on MTP devices.
- Integration with Dropbox and Dropbox Business, allowing users to map their accounts as a drive and share links effortlessly.
- Support for multiple Google Drive accounts, with access to the “Shared with me” folder and the ability to manage files without copying them to the local drive.
- Ability to map and manage files on Box.com, Microsoft OneDrive, Backblaze B2, Mega, and OpenStack SWIFT, providing seamless access to online files.
One-click access to cloud accounts for easy file management.
- Encryption on all online connections to protect files from unauthorized access.
Commander One’s wide range of features and support for various file formats and protocols makes it a versatile and efficient file manager for macOS users.
Pricing of Commander One
Commander One is a file manager compatible with macOS 10.12 and later versions. The latest software release, version 3.3, became available in September 2021.
Users can download Commander One for free from various sources including the Mac App Store, Electronic Team’s web store, and Setapp. While the free version offers basic functionality, users can upgrade to the Pro pack for $29.99 for a single Mac. A team license is available for $99.99 via the web store, and previous version users can get a 50% discount (when publishing).
Users searching for Commander One in the Mac App Store will see two options: a free version with in-app purchases and a PRO version with an upfront cost of $29.99. Both versions are identical, except the PRO version requires immediate payment without in-app purchases.
Commander One is an efficient and powerful file manager exclusively designed for Macs. Its dual-pane interface, advanced search options, and archive compression support make it a valuable tool for managing files. It is also versatile with its compatibility with online services and cloud accounts.
Users can choose from a free or paid Pro pack, providing flexibility to meet their needs. Commander One can help you manage your files more effectively, whether casual or power user.