- Installation: Get the HBO Max app from the App Store of your Hisense Smart TV (Android TV OS, Fire OS, and Roku OS).
- Activation: Open Max → Tap Sign In → Note 6-digit code → Scan QR (or) Go to Activation website → Enter code → Sign in → Start streaming.
- Cast / AirPlay: Connect Hisense TV and phone to home WiFi → Open Max → Play video → Click Cast or AirPlay → Select Hisense TV → Start watching.
- The HBO Max app is preinstalled on XClass TV.
- You cannot install HBO Max on Hisense VIDAA Smart TV.
Max (formerly HBO Max) is a popular streaming app where you can watch titles of DC Universe, HBO, and Harry Potter. The Max app is compatible with most Hisense TV models, and you can get HBO Max from the official app store. After the installation, you must activate the HBO Max app on the Hisense TV with a 6-digit code to begin streaming.
HBO Max/ Max offers premium content and Max Originals for streaming on your TV. You can download the content on the app for offline streaming. It has Parental Controls to control and monitor the streaming of your Kids.
This article walks through a guide on the installation and activation of HBO Max on Hisense TV.
How to Install HBO Max on Hisense Smart TV
Hisense TVs are available in different TV OS like Android TV, Roku OS, Fire OS, VIDAA, and XClass TV. We have tried installing the app on all TV OS, and the steps to install the app on Hisense Smart TV vary for each OS. But we can’t install the Max app on Hisense VIDAA TV, as it is unavailable as a standalone app for VIDAA TV OS.
How to Get HBO Max on Hisense Android TV
1. Turn on your Hisense Smart TV and connect it to a WiFi network.
2. On the Home screen, select Apps and click Google Play Store from the list.
3. In the search bar, type Max and look for the app.
4. Select the Max app from the search results and select Install to install the app.
5. Once installed, go to the Home page → Apps, and you can see the Max app on the list of downloaded apps.
6. Launch the Max app, activate and start streaming your favorite content.
How to Download HBO Max on Hisense Google TV
1. Turn on your Hisense Google TV and navigate to Apps using the directional pad on the remote.
2. Next, select the Search icon and type HBO Max in the search box.
3. Select the Max app from the search results.
4. Now, select Install near the logo of the app to install the app.
5. The app will take a few seconds to install on your TV. After installing, it will be added to the Apps list.
How to Add HBO Max on Hisense Roku TV
1. Turn on your Hisense Roku TV and go to the Home screen.
2. Select Streaming Channels from the list of options.
3. On the search bar, type HBO Max and search the app.
4. Select the Max app and click Add channel to install the app on your Hisense Roku TV.
How to Get HBO Max on Hisense Fire TV
1. Turn on your Hisense Fire TV and select Find → Search on the screen.
2. In the search bar, type HBO Max and select the app name from the search results.
3. Now, select Get to install the app on the Hisense Fire TV.
4. Once the download is completed, select Install.
The app will be installed on your smart TV, and you can find the app in the Apps & Channels section.
Can You Install HBO Max on Hisense XClass TV
We found that the HBO Max app is available as a preinstalled app on Hisense XClass Smart TVs. Therefore, you can find the Max app in your Smart TV Apps section. You can select the app to launch it and sign in with your account.
How to Activate HBO Max on Hisense TV
After installing the app on your Roku, Google, Fire, XClass, and Android Hisense Smart TVs, you need to activate the app to stream the content on your TV device.
1. Open the Max app on your Hisense Smart TV.
2. Click Sign In and stay on the screen that displays a QR code.
3. Take note of the 6-digit code and do one of the following.
- Scan the QR code on your smartphone.
- Visit the Max activation website (max.com/signin) on a PC or mobile browser.
4. Enter the 6-digit code and click Continue.
5. Enter your HBO Max or Max account credentials and tap Sign In.
6. Once verified, check the app on your Hisense TV, and the content will appear.
Start streaming your favorite Max series and movies on a big screen.
There are three types of subscription available with Max streaming service
|Subscription||Monthly Plan||Yearly Plan||What’s Included|
|Max with Ads||$9.99||$99.99||Watch on 2 Devices
Full HD 1080p
|Max Ad-Free||$15.99||$149.99||Watch on 2 Devices
Full HD 1080p
30 Offline Downloads
|Max Ultimate Ad-Free||$19.99||$199.99||Watch on 4 Devices
4K UHD with Dolby Atmos
100 Offline Downloads
How to Cast / AirPlay HBO Max to Hisense Smart TV
Hisense Smart TVs like Android and Google OS have built-in Cast support. In Hisense Roku and Fire TV, you must activate the Display Mirroring or AirPlay feature to cast the app. With that, you can wirelessly stream the Max content from your smartphone. Unfortunately, we couldn’t cast the app on VIDAA and XClass TVs since the Cast feature is unavailable on the Hisense VIDAA and XClass TVs.
1. Connect your smartphone and Hisense Smart TV to the same WiFi connection.
3. Open the Max app and sign in with your account.
4. Tap the Cast icon in the Max app. For AirPlay, click the AirPlay icon in the player.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Hisense Smart TV.
6. Then, play any video content from the HBO Max. It will appear on your Hisense TV.
7. To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon on the app and click the Disconnect button. For iPhone, click the AirPlay icon to stop mirroring.
How to Fix HBO Max Not Working on Hisense Smart TV
If HBO Max is not working on your smart TV, follow these troubleshooting methods to fix the issue. We have also faced issues like HBO Max not loading the content, HBO Max buffering, or HBO Max stuck on the Black screen. Then we tried the below troubleshooting one after the other, and it solved the issue.
- Check whether you have an internet speed of 5 Mbps to avoid slow loading and buffering.
- Verify if there is an outage in the Max server by visiting the Downdetector website.
- Power cycle the Hisense TV by unplugging and plugging the TV cord.
- Install and use the Max app instead of HBO Max.
- Log out of the HBO Max app and activate the app again.
- Clear the Max app cache on your TV.
- Update your Hisense TV to the latest version.
- Reset your Hisense TV to factory settings and install the app again.
Yes. HBO Max is accessible on Firestick, Apple TV, and Roku. Then, you can connect a streaming device to your Hisense TV to watch HBO Max.
Was this article helpful?