In this guide, we will discover : How to Change Your Age on Discord – Easy Beginners Guide
While playing video games on a desktop/PC, players often need a solution for one single problem: how to communicate with the player they are playing with.
Discord is an app that aims to solve that problem. Discord is a voice, video, and text chat application now used by millions of people.
Gamers mainly use the app as it allows them to talk to their friends while playing their favorite games. However, even if you’re not a gamer, you can still use the app to communicate with friends or family.
While creating a new account on Discord, sometimes users may accidentally put the wrong birth date. Later, they may wish to correct their mistake but need help finding an option. Actually, there’s no option to change your age on Discord.
Can You Change your Age on Discord?
Once you set your age during the account creation process, you can’t change it back later for security reasons. So, is it possible to change age on Discord without creating a new account? The short answer to this question is ‘YES,’ but it’s not how you think.
To change age on Discord, you first need to email the Discord support them. They may ask you to verify your identity before updating your age on Discord. Then, follow our shared steps to change your age on Discord.
How to Change Your Age on Discord?
You can use the Discord web version, desktop client, or mobile apps to change your age. First, contact the Discord Support team and ask them to change your age. However, this would require providing your Photo ID to the support team.
Important: Before following the steps, you need to capture a picture of yourself holding your Photo ID (Driving License, Pancard, or any other card used for identity verification) and a piece of paper with your Discord username written on it. You can use your mobile phone to capture the picture; make sure the Photo ID and your face are clearly visible.
1. First, open your favorite web browser and visit this webpage.
2. Next, on the What can we help you with? drop-down, select ‘Trust & safety‘.
3. On the Your Email address field, enter the email address you used to sign in to Discord.
4. Next, on the How can we help? drop-down, select ‘Appeals, age update, other questions‘.
5. On the Appeals, age update, and other questions field, select ‘Update my age information‘.
6. You can also enter your Phone Number, but it’s optional.
7. Next, on the Your Date of Birth field, enter your correct DOB.
8. Now check the box, ‘Please confirm that you’ve attached the required materials’.
9. On the Subject, you can put something like ‘Change birthday‘. Then, on the Description field, write down your reason for changing your age on Discord.
10. Once done, click on the ‘Add file‘ heading on the Attachments section and attach the photo you have captured before (Picture of yourself holding your Photo ID and a piece of paper with your Discord username written on it).
11. After completing the request form, click the Submit button.
That’s it! Now the Discord support team will look into the issue and change your age. The process might take a few days to complete. Once the age change request is accepted, the new date of birth will reflect on your Discord account.
How to Change your Age on Discord on Phone?
Changing your age on Discord for Android/iPhone is the same. You can follow the shared request link and fill it in from your mobile web browser.
The steps are the same; you must fill out the same form to change your Age on Discord Android/iPhone.
If you’ve already filled out the age change form from the desktop, you don’t need to do it again from the mobile. This account-level change will reflect on all devices using your Discord account.
Discord Age Requirements in Different Countries
The golden rule says that Discord users need to be at least 13 years of age to create a Discord account. However, the minimum age in selected countries should be 14 or 16.
In Caribbean countries, users should be 16+ of age to use Discord. So, make sure to create an account only if you’re at least 13 years of age.
Also Read: How to Share Large Videos in Discord
So, this guide is about changing your Age on Discord. If you need more help changing your age on Discord, let us know in the comments. Also, if the article helped you, share it with your friends.