In this guide, we will discover : How to Change Your Twitter Handle (Desktop & Mobile) – guide 2023
Twitter has introduced the concept of short messages in the form of ‘tweets’. Tweets on Twitter can include text, images, videos, hashtags, and even links. Yes, Twitter also has a messaging system, but it’s never the key highlight of the platform.
Today, Twitter has become a sort of marketing tool and many brands rely on it. Not only brands, public figures, and celebrities also rely on the platform to share messages with their audience. If you are an active Twitter user, you may know how important the Twitter handle is.
Twitter handle or Twitter username is the most important thing on the platform since others use it to identify you and tag you. So, a Twitter handle should be something that reflects you or your brand and must be unique.
How to Change Your Twitter Handle
And if you don’t know how to change Twitter handle, you have landed on the right page. Below, we have shared some easy methods to change your Twitter handle. Let’s get started.
1. How to Change Twitter Handle on Desktop
If pretty easy to change Twitter handle on desktop. For that, follow some of the simple steps we have shared below.
1. First of all, launch your favorite web browser and visit Twitter.com. Next, sign in to your Twitter account.
2. When the site opens, click on the ‘More‘ button at the bottom left corner.
3. From the list of options that appears, select ‘Settings and Support‘.
4. On Settings and Support, select ‘Settings and privacy‘.
5. On the Settings screen, click on ‘Account information‘ on the right side.
6. Next, click on the Username on the Account information page.
7. Enter the new Twitter username you want to use and click on the Save button.
That’s it! This is how easy it is to change Twitter handle on computer. You need to follow the same steps on every desktop operating system.
2. How to Change Twitter Handle on Android?
Changing the Twitter handle is possible on the Android app as well. Here are the steps to change Twitter handle on Android smartphone.
1. First, open the Twitter app on your Android smartphone.
2. When the Twitter app opens, tap on the profile picture in the top-left corner.
3. From the list of options that appears, select Settings and Support > Settings and Privacy.
4. On Settings, tap on ‘Your Account‘.
5. Next, on the Your Account, tap on ‘Account information‘.
6. On the next screen, tap on the Username and enter the new username you want to set. Once done, tap on the ‘Done‘ button at the bottom right corner.
That’s it! This is how you can change Twitter handle on Android smartphone.
3. How to Change Twitter Handle on iPhone
Well, changing your Twitter handle on your iPhone is fairly easy; and you need to follow the same steps. Here’s what you need to do.
- Open the Twitter app, and swipe from the right to open the menu.
- On the Menu, select Settings and Support > Settings and Privacy.
- Next, on Settings select Your account > Account information.
- Next, tap on the Username field and enter the new username you want to set.
- After making the changes, tap on the Done button at the top-right corner.
That’s it! This will immediately change your Twitter username.
Twitter Username Ideas
You may be confused about what to set as a Twitter username. In such situations, Twitter username ideas come to the rescue.
Twitter username should reflect your personality on the social networking platform, and if you run a business, no funky username should be used as it leaves a negative impression.
Below, we have shared some Twitter username ideas to help you. You can also combine these to create your own unique Twitter username.
These are the only twitter usernames we can suggest at this time. We will add more to the list as they come to our minds.
Twitter Handle Generators
If you desperately want to change Twitter handle on laptop, but don’t have a clue about what to set, the Twitter handle generator can be helpful to you.
There are many Twitter handle generators available on the web that generates random Twitter username based on your preferences.
You just need to access such sites, enter your name, what you like, hobbies, things you like, and the words to include in the Twitter handle. Twitter Username generators would generate 100s of username ideas in no time.
You can search on Google ‘Twitter handle generators’, and you will find many options. For creating the most unique Twitter handle, it’s recommended to use multiple generators.
Also read: How to Schedule Twitter Tweets
So, this guide is all about how to change Twitter handle on desktop and mobile. If you need more help changing your Twitter handle, let us know in the comments below. Also, if the article helped you, make sure to share it with your friends.