In this guide, we will discover: How to find out vacant seats in a running train without logging into IRCTC App – Easy Beginners Guide
How many seats are vacant on a train? How much is the waiting? What is the status of berths in Sleeper and AC? All this information can be obtained from the IRCTC Website and app, but it is useful only when one is booking a ticket in advance. What if, you have to travel by train suddenly and your ticket has not been confirmed? How can one find out after boarding a train, if there are any seats available which he can get? Usually, people request the TT for a seat in such circumstances. But, there is one more way through which one can know about the availability of vacant seats on a running train. Read on to know more.
IRCTC App to find vacant seats on a running train
India is going digital and one of the benefits of going digital is the train tickets being booked online. There are no long queues at stations now as most of the tickets are booked through the IRCTC website and app. Although there are other platforms allowing online train ticket booking as well, the IRCTC app is the most commonly used one.
ALSO READ: 300+ Trending Hashtags for increasing Instagram Reels Engagement
IRCTC App not only allows train ticket booking but also allows bus and flight tickets to be booked. One can also order food for their train journey through this app. The app has one more useful feature, ‘Chart Vacancy’ that will help you discover the vacant seats in a running train. Just follow these simple steps to find out vacant seats-
- Open the IRCTC Application.
- Click on the ‘Train’ icon.
- Click on ‘Chart Vacancy.’
- Enter the name/number of the train you want to find seats on.
- One doesn’t need to enter the date, as the app itself picks that up.
- We have entered ‘12280-Taj Express’ for example.
- Select the boarding station next.
- If the train has any empty berths, the details of the same will be displayed on the screen.
- Where the berth(s) are available and how many seats are vacant will also be shown.
- If the vacant seats can be allotted by the TT only, the same will be shown on the screen. Where those seats will be allotted will be mentioned alongside.
The best part is that one doesn’t have to log in to the IRCTC App to get all these details, so if you don’t have an account on the app, that’s fine.
So, the next time you are on a train with no confirmed seats, anxious about having to spend the entire journey standing up, just click on the IRCTC App and get sorted.
If you try this workaround, let us know how it worked for you in the comments section below.
You can follow Smartprix on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Google News. Visit smartprix.com for the most recent news, reviews, and tech guides.