In this guide, we will discover: How to Find Sitemap in WordPress – Easy Beginners Guide 2023
So, let’s begin!
Wondering what your website’s sitemap is? This guide demonstrates multiple ways to find a sitemap in WordPress.
By Oluwaseun Bamisile | Updated April 18, 2023 | 7 minutes read
In this article, I will reveal two methods to get the sitemap of your WordPress website. To be precise, you will learn how to perform this task using the sitemap URL.
This guide also illustrates how to discover the sitemap of a WordPress site with the aid of an SEO plugin.
That being said, I will include an FAQ section in this guide. As expected, that section answers some of the questions relating to this guide’s topic that people frequently ask.
Get Sitemap in WordPress Using Sitemap URL
The fastest and most straightforward method to find the sitemap of your WordPress website is by using the sitemap URL. The procedures listed below demonstrate how to accomplish that.
- First, go to the homepage of your WordPress website. Then, add “/wp-sitemap.xml” at the end of the page’s URL and press the enter key on your keyboard.
- Consequently, the next page that appears should contain your WordPress website’s sitemap.
Locate Sitemap in WordPress Using a Plugin
There are various SEO plugins that allow you to obtain the sitemap of your WordPress website. However, we will focus on the popular All In One SEO plugin in this section.
This plugin is free and enables you to easily manage the SEO aspect of your WordPress site, including getting the sitemap. Thus, the first sub-section below will illustrate how to install and enable this plugin on your WordPress site.
Then, in the next sub-section, I will show you how to use the plugin to get your website’s sitemap.
How to Install and Activate All in One SEO Plugin in WordPress
- Sign in to your WordPress site’s backend as an administrator. On the backend’s left pane, place your mouse pointer on Plugins, then select Add New from the displayed options.
- Following that, type “all in one SEO” in the input field on the Add Plugins page.
- Then, left-click the Install Now button on the All in One SEO plugin from the search result.
- Finally, after installing the plugin, click the blue Activate button to enable it on WordPress.
How to Find Sitemap Using All in One SEO Plugin
- After successfully activating the plugin, ensure you’re still logged into your site’s backend as an admin. Then, hover your mouse cursor on All In One SEO on the backend’s left pane and select Sitemaps from the displayed options.
- Following that, click the Open Sitemap link in the General Sitemap section.
- Consequently, you should see your website’s sitemap on the next page that appears.
Frequently Asked Questions
To get the sitemap of your WordPress site without a plugin, add “/wp-sitemap.xml” at the end of your site’s URL and press enter. For instance, if your site’s URL is “itechguides.com,” type “itechguides.com/wp-sitemap.xml” in your browser’s URL field and press the enter key.
Yes, getting the sitemap of your WordPress site is totally free.
The XML sitemap is the best sitemap for SEO.
A WordPress sitemap is a file that catalogs every page on your website, making it easier for search engines like Bing to crawl and index your site. In other words, a WordPress sitemap makes it easy for search engines to access the content of your website.
There are four major types of sitemaps in WordPress. These include Visual Sitemap, HTML Sitemap, XML Sitemap, and News Sitemap.
My Final Thoughts
In WordPress, a sitemap is essential for improving website visibility to search engines. A sitemap is a file that features a list of all the pages/posts on your website.
Thereby making it easy for search engines to crawl and index your website for visibility and ranking. Therefore, it’s essential to have a sitemap for your WordPress website.
Fortunately, this guide demonstrated multiple ways to find the sitemap in WordPress. Specifically, we discussed how to locate the sitemap of a WordPress site using the sitemap URL.
This guide also showed us how to use a plugin to discover the sitemap of a WordPress site. Thus, with the methods provided in this article, getting the sitemap of your WordPress site should be relatively easy.
Hopefully, you found this article insightful and helpful. If you did, we would appreciate it if you could spare some minutes to share your thoughts with our community at Itechguides Community Forum.
Apart from sharing your opinions, you can also ask questions regarding this guide’s topic at Itechguides Community Forum. Our forum staff and some community should respond to your questions as soon as possible.
Finally, you should check out our WordPress & Websites How-to Guides page for other helpful guides like this.