In this guide, we will discover: How to Find Someone on Facebook by Phone Number? – Easy Beginners Guide 2023
Sometimes we can’t find someone on Facebook due to several reasons. Facebook has registered billions of users across the world. No wonder you search for a name and see hundreds and thousands of people with the same name. Scrolling the entire list can be hectic and time-consuming.
People often add their phone numbers on Facebook for two-step verification and account recovery. In addition, business persons and business pages keep their mobile numbers public so their clients can contact them. This gives you the opportunity to search for someone by phone number on Facebook.
Let’s explore how to find a Facebook account by phone number. It’s not going to be straightforward. Instead, we’ll use some additional tricks to achieve the results.
Is the Facebook Phone Number Search Possible?
Yes, it is possible to use a phone number associated with a Facebook account to discover the person you may know. In this guide, let’s see how to search Facebook by phone number. We’ll explain the steps for app and desktop versions. They are almost similar but differ a bit.
Can You Find Someone on Facebook by Their Phone Number Always?
Searching for people on Facebook using their phone numbers isn’t possible for many reasons mentioned below:
- They have not created a Facebook account with the number you have.
- They may have locked their Facebook profile.
- They have changed their Facebook privacy settings and haven’t chosen the “Everyone” option for – “Who can look you up using the phone number you provided?” So if they are not your friends on Facebook, you can’t find them until they allow everyone to search for them with their phone numbers.
How to Find Someone on Facebook by Phone Number?
If you want to search for what’s on the special menu of your nearby restaurant today, you can quickly search their Facebook page with their name or phone number. Finding a business on Facebook by phone number is simple yet.
But searching for Facebook friends by phone numbers won’t be easy. This is because Facebook has changed many things over a while.
As I told you earlier, finding a person by phone number on Facebook will be trickier. Therefore, we have invested time to craft this article for you. So stay with us without skipping anything.
Method 1: Upload Contacts to Facebook
If you know someone’s mobile number and save their contact in your contact book, sync your phone contacts with Facebook. It is the simplest way to find acquaintances on Facebook.
Steps slightly differ for iPhone and Android users, so covering them separately.
Steps to upload contacts to Facebook on iOS:
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Tap your profile picture icon in the bottom bar.
- Tap the gear icon next to the search button in the top right corner.
- Tap your profile settings next to your profile picture.
- Scroll down the page to “Media and contacts” and tap “Upload contacts.”
- Tap the toggle button next to Upload Contacts.
- Tap the Continue button on the Find Friends page. It will start uploading your contacts.
- After that, you see a list of people you may know.
- Scroll down the list to find the person you are looking for, and tap the Add button to send the friend request.
Android Phone –
Steps to continuous contacts upload with Facebook on Android:
- Open the Facebook app on your phone.
- Tap your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Tap the gear icon next to the search icon under your profile picture.
- Tap your profile settings.
- Scroll down the page until you see “Media and contacts,” and tap next to the gear icon.
- Tap the toggle button next to Continuous contacts upload.
- Tap the “Get started” button on the Find Friends page.
- You see the message– “Your contacts are syncing…”
- After that, a list of people you may know appears on the screen.
- Scroll down the entire list to find a person on Facebook from your contacts.
- Tap the Add Friends button to send a friend request.
Method 2: Search Facebook by Phone Number
Using a web browser –
- Open a web browser on your computer, tablet, or phone.
- Visit the Facebook website and log in to your account.
- Click the Facebook search bar next to the Facebook logo.
- Enter the phone number into the search bar.
- Hit the enter/return button on your keyboard.
Using the Facebook application –
- Open your Facebook app.
- Tap the search icon next to the messenger icon.
- Enter the phone number to search for someone on Facebook.
- Tap the search button.
Facebook shows you search results from posts, people, pages, etc. If the phone number you searched for exists on Facebook publicly, it will appear instantly.
Want to find but didn’t find a Facebook account by phone number? Then, you can add the area code, remove all dashes/hyphens between numbers, and search for the number one more time. Maybe this time, you will get the right search result that you’re expecting.
Method 3: Ask FB Profile URL by Phone Number
Instead of spending hours on finding someone on Facebook using the phone number you have. Why don’t you contact the person through WhatsApp, Telegram, iMessage, or SMS to ask them directly? If the person you want to connect with on Facebook feels comfortable, definitely share their Facebook username or profile URL with you. Thus, you will find a link to their Facebook account effortlessly.
Method 4: Find Someone on Facebook with a Phone Number and Name
If a known person you want to find on Facebook lives in the US, you can use the area code of the phone number to identify their location.
For instance, My friend’s name is Shakira, and her area code is 305-XXX-XXX.
- Open the Google app on your phone.
- Search for “Area code 305.” Remember to change 305 with your area code.
- Google shows 305 belongs to Miami, Florida.
- Search Facebook for “Shakira Miami, Florida.”
Perhaps, you’ll get the expected result.
Method 5: Find Someone on Facebook with a Phone Number and NO Name
Sometimes we forget to ask person’s full name or mess with their name’s spelling. Is there something we can do?
- Open the Google app.
- Search for “reverse number lookup” or reverse phone lookup.”
- Open a relevant website that works perfectly in your country. E.g., Anywho, Spokeo, PeopleFinders, etc.
- Search for the phone number on these websites.
- The person’s name associated with the number shows up.
Thank you for reading our article. I hope you get the information about how to find someone on Facebook with a phone number.
You can easily find your old friend using a mobile number associated with his Facebook account. Everything goes smoothly if he hasn’t put any privacy restrictions and you sync your phone contacts with your Facebook account. Alternatively, you can directly ask for a link to their profile.