In this guide, we will discover: How to Fix “Entry Point Not Found” Error on Windows – guide 2023
So, let’s begin!
Nothing is more frustrating than facing an error to complete a task on a program Windows system. Unfortunately, the entry point not found error is one such problem we face on Windows. However, here we have discussed fixing the Entry Point Not Found Error on Windows.
The error is not new, we often see this kind of error. But none of this is permanent, so don’t worry about it. When we install a program or app with data & information, files & folders automatically. Very rarely, we have to maintain the order manually.
So if it causes missing or corrupted files, data, and information, things become easier for us. So without hassle, let’s fix the procedure entry point that could not be located in the dynamic link library.
What is an Entry Point Not Found Error
Undoubtedly, Windows is one of the easy use-machines in the world. But, at the same time, it is also the most problematic device.
Like other errors, the entry point not found error is one such problem many of us face when opening a program.
DDL file is an essential component of the system and application. It is in a folder that includes several pieces of information to run the system and application adequately.
When a specific program or app can’t able to access the file, it starts throwing the entry point not found error now and then. That’s it about the entry not found error.
What is the Reason for the Entry Point Not Found Error
The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library error can occur for various reasons. So before going down to the fixing methods, we should look at its reason.
- Problematic program.
- Missing or corrupt DLL files.
- Outdated drivers.
How to Fix Entry Point Not Found Error
Fixing the problem is not complicated as people think; you can fix this issue all alone. However, there are many ways to fix the problem, here we have some proven methods.
1. Perform a Virus Scan
Whether you can open an app or do something else, the virus-affected systems always bring trouble to suppress our workflow. So before any advanced method, we should check for viruses and malware.
- Press Windows start > Settings > Privacy & Security.
- Then select Windows security.
- After that, click on Virus & threat protection.
- Next, click on the Scan options.
- Here you need to choose Full Scan, and finally, click on the Scan now button. It will provide every detail of whether the system is affected or not.
2. Perform System File Checker
These system file checkers are useful when it is a matter of corrupted flies. So without ado, let’s perform a system file checker to fix the entry point not found error asap.
- Click on Windows Start > search for Command Prompt > click on Run as administrator.
- Now simply copy this syntax, paste it over CMD, and then hit the enter button.
- It will take some time to show any error and its fixes. However, after the successful process restart the system and recheck the specific app. If you still have the same issues, move to the next process.
3. Perform System Restore
Here is another considerable method to fix your issues. While you perform a system restore, it lets the system revert the error.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run tool, type rstrui.exe, then hit enter button.
- Select Next, and tick on the Show more restore points.
- And finally, click on the Next button once again.
- After that, restart the system.
4. Install Visual C++ Redistributable Package
Visual C++ Redistributable package can help to provide missing DLL files of specific apps or systems. So let’s install the latest version of the app.
- Visit, the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable download page.
- Now select the most recent packages. Always choose the right one according to your system architecture. For example, I have 64 bits capacity system. Thus I have to download a 64-bit compatible package.
- Then install the executable file like installing other apps.
- Once everything is perfectly done well, restart the system and check whether the app is still throwing the error.
5. Repair the Application
It’s simple troubleshooting, but it is helpful too. You can repair the app installed from the Microsoft store. Otherwise, you have to reinstall the application from a trustable source. Here is the process:
- Press Windows start > Settings > Apps.
- Select Installed apps.
- Now select the specific app which is throwing the error. Next, click on three dots, and choose Advance options.
- Then first try out the repair option, and check the app. If still not performing, then click on the reset.
6. Reinstall Problematic Application
We already know why the program or app keeps throwing errors on the screen, and sometimes it may cause other problems. Whatever the reason for your case, reinstalling the app always makes sense in such cases.
As I stated before, we don’t need to add files or packages while downloading and installing apps on Windows. Instead, all required data, files, and information automatically took place one by one from the app itself.
If you have to fix all victim files manually, it can be hectic for some users. So depending on the app’s usage, we uninstall it and install it again from the trusted source. I hope reinstalling the app fixes your issue.
Encountering any kind of error is such an annoying situation, but not scary if you take the right approach at the right time. So these are the best fixes for entry point not found errors on Windows. I hope you have gathered enough information. If you still need any help, let us know in the comment.