In this guide, we will discover: How to Fix Error 0x000007d1 on Windows – guide 2023
Want to know how you can fix the error code 0x000007d1 on Windows?
The error code 0x000007d1 is a common problem on Windows. This error code usually occurs when users try to connect to a shared printer on a local network. It can also show up while printing.
When this error occurs, you’ll see a message saying, ‘Operation could not be completed (error 0x000007d1)’.
Most of the time, this issue is caused by driver conflicts and network connectivity problems. However, it can also be due to improper configurations, outdated software, or third-party applications.
Today, we will show you how to fix the error code 0x000007d1 on Windows.
1. Restart Your Computer.
Before tweaking your configurations, try restarting your system first if you encounter issues using your printer. This should re-establish the connection with your external devices and ensure that there are no problems with your system.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the Start Menu.
- Now, click on the Power Options tab.
- Finally, choose Restart to reboot your system.
Once done, try connecting to your printer to check if the problem is solved.
2. Check Your Printer.
One of the main reasons for the error 0x000007d1 on Windows is if you are connecting to an offline printer. If you try printing on a printer that is not detected by your system, you’ll end up with this error.
To check your printer, follow the guide below:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- After that, click on Devices.
- On the side menu, access the Printers & Scanners option.
- Click on your printer to view its status.
If it says ‘not connected’, this means that your computer is not detecting the printer. Check the USB cable you use to connect your printer and make sure that it is not damaged.
If your printer is connected to a network, ensure that you are using the correct network on your computer.
3. Run Windows Troubleshooter.
Windows has a built-in tool that helps users troubleshoot minor problems on their systems. If you encounter the error code 0x000007d1, try running the printer troubleshooter to help you diagnose the issue.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open Windows Settings on your computer.
- Go to Update & Security.
- Click on Troubleshoot on the side menu.
- Now, click on Additional Troubleshooters > Printer.
- Finally, click Run the Troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
Restart your computer after following the recommendation of the troubleshooter and see if you still encounter issues.
4. Update Drivers.
Drivers play a crucial role in keeping your printer and other external devices working. If your printer’s driver is outdated or corrupted, it won’t function properly, explaining why you encounter the error code 0x000007d1.
To fix this, follow the guide below to update your drivers:
- First, press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard.
- Now, click on Device Manager.
- Expand the Printers / Print Queues tab and right-click on your printer.
- Choose Update Driver and follow the prompts.
You can also manually download the latest driver of your printer from its manufacturer’s official website.
5. Disable SNMP Status.
If updating your drivers did not help, you can try disabling the SNMP status of your printer. SNMP is a feature that allows network admins to discover printers. You can try turning it off and see if it works.
Follow the steps below to turn off SNMP:
- Launch Windows Settings on your computer.
- Go to Devices and click on Printers & Scanners.
- Click on your Printer and choose Manage.
- Now, click on Printer Properties and access the Ports tab.
- Select the Configure Port option in the lower right corner.
- Uncheck the SNMP Status Enabled option and save the changes.
Reboot your system afterward and check if you’ll still encounter the error code 0x000007d1 on Windows.
6. Disable Windows Firewall.
You can also try disabling Windows Firewall if you are trying to connect to a network printer. This should disable any security measures on your system that prevent your printer from getting detected.
See the steps below to disable Windows Firewall:
- Go to the Start Menu and look for Control Panel.
- Now, click on System and Security.
- Access Windows Defender Firewall.
- From the side menu, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall On or Off.
- Choose Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall for both public and private networks and save the changes.
Once done, try using your printer to check if the error code 0x000007d1 still occurs.
7. Reinstall Printer.
Reinstalling your printer is another effective solution for fixing the error code 0x000007d1 on Windows. This should ensure that there are no missing data or resources needed by your printer and it’s installed correctly.
Follow the guide below to reinstall your printer:
- First, press the Windows + I keys on your keyboard.
- After that, go to the Devices tab.
- Click on Printers & Scanners.
- Select your printer and click on Remove Device.
Restart your system and go through the installation process to reinstall your printer.
8. Clear Printer Spooler.
Printer Spooler is a built-in Windows program that is responsible for managing your printing queues. If you encounter the error code 0x000007d1 while printing, it might indicate an issue with your printer spooler.
Check out the steps below to clear your printer spooler:
- Access the Start Menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Look for Control Panel and open it.
- Go to Administrative Tools and open Services.
- Look for Print Spooler service and stop it.
- Now, go to C:WINDOWSSystem32spoolPRINTERS using File Explorer.
- Finally, delete all the files inside the folder.
Try using your printer again to check if the problem is solved.
9. Update Windows.
Try updating your system if you still encounter the error code 0x000007d1. This should patch any bugs or errors on your computer that could be causing your printer to run into issues while in use.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Windows Settings.
- Next, click on Update & Security.
- Choose Check for Updates and follow the prompts.
Once done, try using your printer again to check if the problem is solved.
If none of the solutions above worked, the last thing you can do is contact Microsoft’s team. Visit Microsoft’s support page and get in touch with a representative to ask for assistance regarding the error code 0x000007d1 on Windows.
When asking for help, make sure to provide helpful information that can speed up the process, like the screenshot of the error or the specific task you are doing before the error occurs.
That ends our guide on how to fix the error code 0x000007d1 on Windows. For your questions and other concerns, please let us know in the comment section, and we’ll do our best to respond.
If this guide helped you, please share it.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂