- The Amazon Prime Video app is pre-installed with the Hisense Google-powered and XClass TVs.
- For Hisense Roku, Fire, and VIDAA TVs, you have to install the app manually from the respective store.
When I got my Hisense Smart TV, the first thing that I explored was the Apps section. As my Hisense Smart TV is a Google-powered one, the Amazon Prime Video app is pre-installed. Then, I connected my Hisense Smart TV to WiFi and opened the Prime Video on my TV.
To stream the Amazon Prime Video content on the Hisense Smart TV, one has to activate the app from the Amazon website. When I searched about how to activate Amazon Prime Video, I came to know that the app is not available for Hisense Roku, Fire, and VIDAA TVs. In this guide, I have mentioned how to get the Amazon Prime Video app on all the OSes of Hisense TV.
How to Get Amazon Prime Video on Hisense Smart TV
Hisense TVs run on six different types of OS:
- Android OS
- Google OS
- VIDAA OS
- Roku OS
- Fire OS
- XClass OS
How to Install Amazon Prime Video on Hisense Android TV
In the Hisense Android TV, you can directly open the pre-installed Amazon Prime Video app. If the app is not available on your TV, use the below guide to install the app manually.
1. Turn on your Hisense Android TV. Make sure to connect it to the internet.
2. On your Hisense TV home screen, go to Play Store.
3. Search for the Prime Video app.
4. Choose the Amazon Prime Video app from the search results.
5. Click on the Install tab. The app will be installed on your Hisense Android TV.
6. Launch the app and proceed to the activation guide.
How to Stream Amazon Prime Video on Hisense Google TV
Google OS is the enhanced version of Android OS, and it is available on the latest models of Hisense Smart TVs. The interface of Hisense Google TV will look similar to the Chromecast with Google TV device. The Amazon Prime Video app is pre-installed with the Hisense Google TV. Open the app and skip to the activation guide mentioned below.
If the app is not pre-installed, you can install the app manually using the below steps.
1. Turn on your Hisense Google TV and tap the home button on your remote.
2. Head to the Search icon and search for the Prime Video app.
3. Select the Prime Video app and tap the Install button.
4. After installing the app, click Open to launch the Amazon Prime Video app.
On Android TV and Google TV models, you can also sideload the app version of Amazon Prime Video on your Google TV or Android TV with the help of a USB drive or the Downloader app.
How to Download Amazon Prime Video on Hisense XClass TV
The best thing about the Hisense XClass TV is that the apps get pre-installed on the TV on purchase. Therefore, you will get the Amazon Prime Video on XClass TV by default. If the app is unavailable, you can get the app by updating the TV. You can’t manually install the app on the XClass TV. After finding the app, go to the activation steps.
How to Get Amazon Prime Video on Hisense Roku TV
1. From your Hisense Roku TV home screen, navigate to the Streaming Channels screen.
2. Choose Search Channels and type Prime Video in the search field.
3. Select the app from the search results.
4. On the app info page, click the Add Channel tab. The app will be downloaded or installed on your Hisense Roku TV.
5. Launch the app and proceed to the activation steps.
How to Download Amazon Prime Video on Hisense Fire TV
1. Turn on your Fire TV. Click on the Find icon and hit the Search bar.
2. Select Search and enter Amazon Prime Video in the search field.
3. Next, select Get/Download to start the download process.
4. Further, select Install to install the app and click Open to launch the Prime Video on your Fire TV.
5. Then, activate the app using the below guide.
How to Get Amazon Prime Video on Hisense VIDAA TV
VIDAA is the dedicated operating system developed by Hisense. If your TV is powered by the VIDAA operating system, you can install the Prime Video app from the VIDAA Store.
1. Press the Home button on your Hisense TV remote.
2. Open the App Store.
3. Search for the Amazon Prime Video app.
4. Select the app and press the OK button on the remote.
5. The app will be downloaded or installed on your Hisense TV.
6. Launch the app and use the below guide to activate the app.
How to Activate Amazon Prime Video on Hisense TV
Based on your Hisense Smart TV model, you will get the Sign In Screen or the Activation Code.
For Sign In Screen
1. Tap the Sign In button
2. Enter your Amazon account’s email address/phone number and password.
4. After signing in, select a title to watch.
5. Tap the Watch Now button.
For Activation Code
1. Note down the activation code on the TV screen.
2. Take your smartphone or PC and go to the Amazon Prime Video activation website (https://primevideo.com/ontv/devices).
3. Sign in with your existing Amazon account and enter the code.
4. Then, click the Register Device button to complete the activation.
5. Now, the Prime Video app on your Hisense TV will display all the video content.
6. Choose a video tile and stream it on your TV.
Amazon Prime Video offers three different types of pricing plans along with the 30-day free trial of every subscription plan. You can get these premium plans from the website (https://www.amazon.com/amazonprime).
|Qualified Government Assistance||Price|
|Prime Membership Monthly||$14.99|
|Prime Membership Annual||$139|
|Prime Video Membership Monthly||$8.99|
|Prime Student Monthly||$7.49|
How to Fix Amazon Prime Not Working on Hisense TV
Sometimes, the content of the Prime Video may crash or freeze on my Hisense TV screen. These issues are caused by minor technical issues within the app or with the TV device. I fixed those non-working conditions with the help of some basic troubleshooting fixes.
These are the major causes for the non-working conditions of Amazon Prime Video and cause issues like lagging of the screen, buffering, black screen, and loading the content for a long time.
- Inadequate network connectivity.
- Outdated version of the app.
- Accumulation of the cache files on the TV device.
- Outdated version of the TV device.
- Excessive cache data of the app.
- Incorrect login details while getting into the app.
- Expired subscription plan of the app.
Resolve the not working issues with the below troubleshooting tricks.
- Connect to the proper internet network.
- Restart your Hisense TV for better performance.
- Update the Amazon Prime Video app to the latest version.
- Clear the accumulated cache files on the TV device.
- Update the Hisense TV device to the most recent version.
- Log in to the app with the proper credentials.
- Check the internal server status of the app using the Downdetector site.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app again.
Make sure to connect the Chromecast device to your TV device properly. Connect both devices with the same WiFi network connection to cast the Amazon Prime Video app.
When you want to log out of Amazon Prime on Hisense TV, you need to head over to Settings. Select Sign Out and click Sign Out again to log out from the app.
Was this article helpful?