Not all of us are as tech-savvy as other individuals when it comes to using laptops, desktops, or phones. Whenever we face a technical problem on our Windows 11 PCs or with other electronics, we tend to visit a technician to help us with the problem. However, this is not the case anymore as there are now several tools that help us to solve issues using the internet.
One of the highly popular programs worldwide when it comes to getting help online is TeamViewer. Used by millions of users across the globe, TeamViewer allows a user to remotely access someone else’s computer whenever they need any help regarding a technical problem.
Apart from remote assistance, TeamViewer also offers a handful of other features. So, if you want to remotely control a PC or need help with any assistance, this is the article for you. Here, we will assist you regarding how to install and use TeamViewer in Windows 11.
Before we dive into other details, let us give you a brief intro regarding the features of TeamViewer. It is essentially a cross-platform remote access software. It is available for almost all platforms including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. For example, the users can remotely access using Windows and macOS and vice versa.
Apart from remotely controlling a PC and providing support to others, one can also transfer files between remote devices. The program allows users to have highly secure conversations and connections with security features like end-to-end encryption and two-form factor authentication. This ensures that the sensitive data of users is highly secure against unwanted access from hackers.
In addition, TeamViewer for Windows 11 also allows one to host online meetings, web conferencing, and showcase presentations. You can also configure settings of various features like the screen resolution, video quality, and more as per your requirements.
TeamViewer System Requirements on Windows 11
It’s worth mentioning that downloading and installing TeamViewer on Windows 11 computers doesn’t require a lot of resources. However, it’s still quite good to ensure that your device meets the minimum system requirements for TeamViewer on Windows 11 to run smoothly. So, listed below are the minimum and recommended system requirements to run TeamViewer.
TeamViewer Minimum System Requirements:
Listed below are the minimum system requirements that you at least need to run TeamViewer. These include the OS, CPU, RAM, storage, internet speed, and GPU.
- Operating system: Windows 7 (32/64 bit)
- Processor: 1GHz single-core or higher
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 250MB of free space
- Graphic card: 256MB of VRAM
- Internet bandwidth: 20Mbps
TeamViewer Recommended System Requirements:
TeamViewer will work with the minimum system requirements mentioned above. However, to have a more immersive and smooth experience, then here are the TeamViewer recommended system requirements.
- Operating system: Windows 11 (64 bit)
- Processor: 1GHz dual-core or higher
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 500MB of free space
- Graphic card: 512MB of VRAM
- Internet bandwidth: 100Mbps or more
How to Download and Install TeamViewer on Windows 11
We suppose now you’ve checked the system requirements to install TeamViewer on Windows 11, let’s move forward to other steps. There are two different ways to download and use TeamViewer on your computer. One is through the company’s official website and the other is via the Microsoft Store.
How to Install TeamViewer From its Website
TeamViewer is totally free to use for all Windows 11 PC users. However, there also are a few premium versions with a monthly cost for the corporate and enterprise users. These versions offer some additional features, which allow companies to manage several teams and more. However, let’s tell you how to download and install the free version of TeamViewer.
1. First of all, visit TeamViewer website in an internet browser of your choice on your PC.
2. Now, click on the Try now for free button on the home page of the website.
3. From the available options on the next page, hit the Download desktop client button.
4. Then, click on the Windows button on the screen and scroll down till you find the option to download TeamViewer full client.
5. Now, download the exe file for either the x86-64bit or x86-32bit version, depending on your PC’s configuration.
6. Once the exe file downloads, hit on it and select the Default installation option, proceed by hitting the Accept-next button.
7. You will then receive a prompt on the screen, select Yes.
8. TeamViewer setup will take a few minutes to install on your PC, so just simply wait.
How to Install TeamViewer From Microsoft Store
Apart from the company’s website, there’s another much easier way to install TeamViewer on your Windows 11 PC. The Microsoft Store also offers the app, so you can download it from there.
1. Hit the Windows button on your keyboard and type “Microsoft Store” in the search bar and open it. You can also click on the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar if it’s there.
2. In the search bar of the Microsoft Store, type “TeamViewer” and hit the enter button.
3. Now, click on the official TeamViewer Remote application in the search results.
4. Then, hit the Install button on the TeamViewer Remote app’s page.
5. Now, the Microsoft Store will start downloading the app and automatically start installing it.
6. Then, check mark the “I accept the EULA and the DPA” option and hit continue. Then wait till the installation completes and you can launch it using the icon on the desktop.
How to Use TeamViewer on Windows 11
TeamViewer offers one of the most easy to use interfaces, so using the app is pretty straightforward. In this section, we will tell you how to create or join a session on TeamViewer in Windows 11.
Apart from that, we will also explain how to use some other features of the app like messaging, sharing files, joining meetings, and controlling your PC using a smartphone.
How to Create TeamViewer Account
Users can use the TeamViewer application on their machines without signing in with a Google or Microsoft account. However, if you sign up for the app, you will be able to use various additional features. So, here’s how to sign up for TeamViewer in Windows 11.
1. Press the Start button on the task bar and type “TeamViewer” in the search bar and open the app.
2. On the welcome screen of the TeamViewer app, hit the option dubbed “Don’t have an account? Create one here”. It is located below the Sign in to TeamViewer button.
3. Then, TeamViewer’s website will automatically open in the default browser on your Windows 11 PC.
4. Here, fill in your personal details like your name and email address, then hit the Continue button. You can also sign up using your existing Microsoft or Google account.
6. Then, TeamViewer’s website will send you a link to verify your account on your email address.
7. Now, open your email client’s website and confirm the TeamViewer account creation from the link you get in the email.
8. Then, go to the same page where you got the notification to Check your email and check mark the I have verified my account option. Now, your account will be created successfully.
How to Sign In to TeamViewer on Windows 11
Here are the steps regarding how to sign in to TeamViewer on Windows 11.
1. Open the TeamViewer application by double clicking on its icon on your PC’s desktop.
2. On the home screen of the app, click on the Sign in to TeamViewer button as seen in the image below.
3. On the sign in screen, mention your email address that you’ve registered for TeamViewer and hit the Continue button.
4. Now, fill up your password and click on the Sign in button below. Then, you will be signed into your TeamViewer account.
It’s worth mentioning that if you are signing in to TeamViewer for the first time, then it will ask you to add your PC as a trusted device via email. Simply open your email client and add this PC as a trusted device.
How to Create a Session in TeamViewer on Windows 11
So, now you have done everything from creating a TeamViewer account and signing into the application on your PC. Let’s tell you how to create a session in TeamViewer.
1. Launch the TeamViewer application and sign into it. Now, go to the Remote sessions tab that’s listed below the home button in the left navigation menu.
2. Hit the Create a session button and a new pop up window will appear on the screen.
3. Here you can mention the name of the session using the first option.
4. Now, you can share the link of the session to your remote partner. There’s also an option to invite your partner to join the session by inviting them by entering their email address. Once done, just hit the Save button.
5. After your remote partner joins the session, you will get a notification on your TeamViewer app to allow them to join the session.
6. Now, you will be connected to your remote partner’s computer and will be able to help them with any technical issues that they are having.
The image above shows what your PC’s screen will look like when you are remotely operating your partner’s computer using the TeamViewer app.
How to Join a Session in TeamViewer on Windows 11
In addition to helping someone by remotely using their computer, you can let other people resolve any issues you are having on your PC with TeamViewer.
1. Press the Windows button on your keyboard and type “TeamViewer” in the search bar and open the application.
2. Now, sign into the program and go to the Remote sessions tab in the blue-colored left navigation pane.
3. Click on the Join a session button.
4. A pop up window will open that will ask you to type the Session Code. So, ask the person assisting you to share the TeamViewer session code.
5. After typing the Session Code, simply hit the Connect button.
6. Once your remote partner accepts the request to join, you will need to allow them access to your PC by hitting the Join session option on the new window.
How to Transfer Files Using TeamViewer on Windows 11
Apart from allowing you to remotely operate someone’s computer, TeamViewer also allows you to share files from your PC to theirs and vice versa. So, here is the step by step process to transfer files using TeamViewer:
1. When you are remotely connected to a partner’s computer, simply click on Files & Extras option on the top bar of your TeamViewer application.
2. In the drop down menu, select File transfer option.
3. In the file sharing window, the left side is your PC, so select the file you want to share with the remotely connected PC.
4. Then, select the location where you want to store the file on your partner’s computer on the right side.
5. After selecting the location on the partner’s PC, click on the send button.
The file will be stored on your partner’s computer. It’s worth noting that you can also receive a file from the remotely connected PC using the same method. You will just have to do the opposite of the steps mentioned above and hit the Receive button.
How to Chat in TeamViewer on Windows 11
Another good thing about the TeamViewer application is that it allows you to have secure chats with your remote assisting partners or co-workers. In case your technical assistant is offline and is not able to connect remotely at a time, then you can simply message them. So, they can see it and assist you whenever they are online.
1. Open the TeamViewer application on your Windows 11 computer and then click on the Chat button on the top right corner.
2. Then the chat window will open. Here, hit the + icon that’s listed on the right of the Messages option.
3. In the search bar, type the name of the person you want to send a message and click on their name in the results.
Now, you can have conversations with that person. If you have more than one chats, then they will be showcased on the left side with different tabs, so you can easily access them.
How to Host Meetings in TeamViewer on Windows 11
Apart from remote assisting features, TeamViewer also allows you to host meetings. You can have video conferences with your friends or colleagues in your organization using the cross-platform application.
Similar to video calling apps like Zoom and Teams by Microsoft, you can have video conversations with multiple persons. It’s worth mentioning that the TeamViewer app’s latest interface doesn’t have the Meetings option.
So, you will need to switch to its old version to utilize the video calling feature.
1. Open the TeamViewer application on your computer and turn off the toggle for the New interface option. You can find it in the top right corner of the main screen.
2. Now, TeamViewer will automatically restart and switch back to its old interface.
3. You will not be required to sign in again after switching back to the old interface. Here, you will need to click on the Meeting tab in the left navigation pane.
4. Hit the Start button below the Host Meeting section.
5. In the new window, you can configure your settings like your microphone, camera, and speakers before starting the meeting.
6. Then, simply hit the Start meeting option and it will be started.
7. Now, click on the Invite Participant button that’s located towards the bottom right corner. Here, select one of the people from your contact list.
8. Your partner will receive a notification to join the meeting, so ask them to hit the Join button.
9. On the next screen, your participant will also be able to configure their audio or microphone device settings. Then they can hit the Join button to finally connect with you over video or audio calls.
10. After your partner has joined, you will be able to see their video on the screen. The total number of partners in the meeting is displayed in the top left corner, in case you are conferencing with more than one person.
11. To chat over text with all people in the meeting, simply hit the chat button at the bottom of the window. Here, you can type anything and it will be displayed to all participants.
12. You can also join a meeting with someone using the TeamViewer app. In this case, you will need to ask the hosting person for the Meeting ID. After you get it, put it in the Meeting ID option under the Join Meeting section on TeamViewer’s home screen and hit the Join button.
How to Update TeamViewer to Latest Version
Similar to other Windows programs, TeamViewer also releases new features, bug fixes, performance enhancements, and more for its app from time to time. So, if you are facing any issues while connecting with other computers, then you can update TeamViewer to its latest version.
1. Open the TeamViewer application on your computer and sign in with your credentials.
2. Now, turn off the toggle for the New interface option, which is located in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Once TeamViewer restarts and switches back to its old interface, click the button with three horizontal lines in the top left corner.
4. From the drop down menu, hit the option that reads Check for new version.
5. If there will be new updates, then you will receive a pop up window. Here, simply hit the Update button and you will receive the latest version of the remote control software on your Windows 11 PC.
If you have downloaded the TeamViewer application from the Microsoft Store, then you can upgrade to the latest version by going to the store.
How to Fix TeamViewer Not Working on Windows 11
TeamViewer is a highly popular program that millions of users utilize to assist other people with their computers. Most of the time, it works smoothly without any problems. However, similar to any other application, TeamViewer also has its fair share of problems from time to time.
Sometimes, the remote connection drops in the middle of an on going connection. It could also crash while sharing files or conducting meetings. There could be a number of reasons why TeamViewer not working on Windows 11 issues are occurring on your device.
It could be due to spotty internet connections, proxy issues, corrupt files, and outdated versions of Windows 11. There are a number of ways how to fix TeamViewer not working in Windows 11. You can upgrade to the latest version, check your internet connection, reconfigure settings, and more.
As we’ve mentioned above, TeamViewer is one of the most popular software that allows people to access and control computers from anywhere in the world. Apart from the remote assistance functionality, the users also get a smorgasbord of features. The app allows users to share files between computers, host meetings for video conferencing with multiple people, and have secure conversations.
That said, this was our extensive guide on how to install and use TeamViewer in Windows 11 computers. If the TeamViewer application doesn’t function properly on your computer, then there are a number of alternatives available on the interwebs. For example, AnyDesk is also a highly popular remote desktop program in the world. You can read our guide on how to install and use AnyDesk on Windows 11 if you want to try it.