In this guide, we will discover: How to Install Sky Go on Firestick / Fire TV in 2023 – Easy Beginners Guide 2023
So, let’s begin!
- Sky Go is unavailable in the Amazon App Store.
- Sideload Sky Go on Firestick: Get Downloader on Firestick → Enable Downloader → Enter SKy GO URL → Go → Install → Open → Sign in to Sky ID.
The best possible way to watch Sky TV channels on Firestick is to install the Sky Go app. Sky Go is a streaming app for Sky TV customers to watch all the Sky TV channels for free. Apart from Live TV Channels, you can also stream your favorite shows on-demand on Firestick from anywhere in the UK. The Sky Go app offers TV catch-up to watch Live TV shows later, and it also has an offline streaming facility.
If you have a Sky TV subscription, you can install and use the Sky Go app for free. Just install the app and sign in with your Sky ID to watch all the available content. You can unlock more features on the app by signing up for Sky Go Extra subscription (£5/month). It is the perfect app to stream Premier League, Formula 1, Cycling Championship, and a lot more.
How to Install Sky Go on Firestick / Fire TV
Since sideloading is the only option to get Sky Go on Firestick, there are two ways available to sideload Sky Go on Firestick.
Download Sky Go Using Downloader
(1) Go to the Firestick home screen and select the Find icon.
(2) Navigate to the Search option and select it.
(3) Type Downloader and select the app name from the suggestion list.
(4) Select the Downloader app icon.
(5) Click on Download to install the Downloader on your Firestick.
(6) Return to the home page and tap on the Settings icon.
(7) Navigate to the bottom and choose My Fire TV.
(8) Select Developer Options on the next screen.
(9) Click on Install Unknown Apps.
(10) Navigate to Downloader and click the center button on your Firestick remote. It will turn on the Unknown Source settings for the Downloader app.
(11) Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app on Firestick.
(12) Enter the URL for Sky Go Apk and hit the Go button.
(13) Wait for the latest Sky Go apk file to download on Firestick.
(14) After downloading the file, the installation tab will open automatically. Click INSTALL to install the app.
(15) Select Open to launch Sky Go on Firestick.
(16) Sign in with your Sky ID and stream the channels with ease.
Install Sky Go Using Aptoide TV
Aptoide TV is a useful app to sideload apps on Firestick. Unlike the Downloader app, you don’t need to enter any URL. It functions like an App Store, and right from the Store, you can install the Sky Go app.
(1) Install Aptoide TV on Firestick. In case you can’t find this app on the Amazon App Store, you need to sideload it with the Downloader app.
(2) Enable Unknown Sources settings for Aptoide TV (Settings → My Fire TV → Developer Options → Install Unknown Apps → Aptoide TV).
(3) Launch the Aptoide TV app and navigate to the Search icon.
(4) Search for Sky Go and choose the app.
(5) Click on the Install button to download Sky Go.
(6) After installation, launch the app and sign in with the respective credentials to stream Sky Network channels.
Alternative Way to Stream Sky Go to Firestick – Screen Mirroring from Android
If you had issues with installing the apk version of Sky Go on Firestick, use the screen mirroring feature on your Firestick to watch the Sky Channels from Android devices.
(1) Connect your Firestick to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your Android smartphone/tablet to the same WiFi network.
(2) Enable the screen mirroring setting on Firestick (Settings → Displays & Sounds → Enable Display Mirroring).
(3) On your Android device, get the Sky Go app from Play Store.
(4) Access the notification pane and click on the Cast icon.
(5) Choose your Firestick name and allow permission to mirror your smartphone screen.
(6) Now, launch the Sky Go app and play the required channel to watch it on the TV.
Sky Go not Working on Firestick – Fixes
Since we have sideloaded the apk version of Sky Go, you may find issues with streaming. In those situations,
- Check the internet connection of Firestick.
- Clear the app cache of the Sky Go app.
- Update the Firestick to the latest firmware.
- Uninstall the Sky Go app and re-install it by sideloading the apk file from reliable third-party sites.
- Make sure to sideload the latest version of the Sky Go apk file.
- Reset the Firestick and install the Sky Go app again.
Channels Available on Sky Go
|Movies||Sky Cinema Action, Sky Cinema Animation, Sky Cinema Comedy, Sky Cinema Drama, Sky Cinema, Family, Sky Cinema Greats, Sky Cinema Hits, Sky Cinema Premiere, Sky Cinema Premiere +1, Sky Cinema Sci-fi Horror, Sky Cinema Select, and Sky Cinema Thriller|
|Sports||Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Premier League, Sky Sports Football, Sky Sports Cricket, Sky Sports Golf, Sky Sports Racing, Sky Sports F1, Sky Sports NFL, Sky Sports Arena, Sky Sports News, Sky Sports Mix, BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, BT Sport 3, BT Sport ESPN, Premier Sports 1, and Premier Sports 2|
|Entertainment||5star, 5 USA, Alibi, Channel 4, Channel 5, RTE One, RTE 2, Virgin Media One, 3e, Comedy Central, Fox, ITV 4, Sky Atlantic, Syfy, Challenge, Good Food, GOLD, ITVBe, Sky Arts, TLC, Pick, Dave, ITV, Lifetime, Sky Witness, Universal, Home, E4, ITV 2, More 4, Sky One, Real Lives, E!, ITV 3, MTV, STV, and Vice.|
|Kids||Boomerang, Cartoonito, Cartoon Network, CITV, Nicktoons, Baby TV, Nickelodeon, Nick JR, and RTE Jr.|
|Documentary||Animal Planet, Crime & Investigation Network, Discovery Channel, Eden, Sky History, Sky History 2 HD, National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild, Sky Nature, Sky Documentaries, and Sky History.|
|News||Sky News and CBNC|
|International||Star Plus, Sony TV, Colours, Zee TV, and Star Gold.|
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no straight answer to this. But Sky Go has provided support for Apple TV recently. So you can expect it to launch on Firestick sooner. Yet, there is no official announcement from Sky Go.
Was this article helpful?