With iOS 17, Apple allows you to leave an audio or video message in FaceTime if the person you're contacting misses your call. If you were making a FaceTime video call, and the person on the other misses it, you will have the option to leave a video message for them, and likewise, if your contact misses your FaceTime audio call, you will have the option to send them an audio message.
Leaving a FaceTime Video or Audio Message
- Launch the FaceTime app and choose a contact to call.
- If they don't answer, tap on the 'Record Video' button. This will display a timer before the recording starts.
- If you wish to switch to the back camera, tap on the 'Pause' button.
- A 'camera switch' icon will be visible in the bottom right corner.
- Tap on the 'Record' button to start recording.
- Once you have recorded the video, tap on the 'Stop' button to finish recording.
- After recording a video, tap the green 'Arrow' button to send it. You can also save the video in your gallery by tapping 'Save' in the top right corner.
The sent video or audio message will be available for preview in the FaceTime app.
Do note your contact will have the option to save your recorded video in their Photo Gallery.
If someone is unable to answer your FaceTime call, iOS 17 now provides a solution. You are able to send a video or audio message to the person who missed your call. This way, you can share important moments or news even if they couldn't immediately attend the call.