In this guide, we will discover: How to Use One WhatsApp Account on Two or More Phones: A Step-by-Step Guide – Easy Beginners Guide
WhatsApp is one of the most widely used messaging apps in the world, with over 2 billion active users per month. Recently, the app has introduced a new feature that allows users to use the same account on more than one device. This is a great solution for those who want to use WhatsApp on multiple phones or devices without having to create a separate account for each device. In this article, we will explain how to use one WhatsApp account on two phones, step-by-step.
Step 1: Ensure You Have the Latest Version of WhatsApp Installed
Before you can use the multi-device feature, you need to make sure that you have the latest version of WhatsApp installed on your devices. If you haven’t updated your WhatsApp in a while, go to your device’s app store and download the latest version.
Step 2: Link Your WhatsApp Account to Your Primary Phone
To use your WhatsApp account on a secondary device, you first need to link your account to your primary device. Here’s how:
For Android Users:
- Open WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- Tap on the three dots in the top right corner and select “Linked Devices.”
- Tap “Link a Device” and follow the prompts to scan the QR code from the secondary device.
For iPhone Users:
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Go to “Settings” and select “Linked Devices.”
- Tap “Link a Device,” enter your phone password, and follow the prompts to scan the QR code from the secondary device.
Step 3: Use WhatsApp on Your Secondary Phone or Device
Once you have linked your WhatsApp account on your primary phone, you can now use it on your secondary phone or device. Here’s how:
- Open a browser on your secondary phone or device and go to https://web.whatsapp.com/.
- If you’re using an Android phone, click on the three dots in the top right corner and select “Desktop View.” If you’re using an iPhone, click on the “aA” font option in the bottom left corner and select “Request Desktop Site.”
- Scan the QR code that appears on the screen using your primary phone.
- Once the QR code is scanned, you can now use WhatsApp on your secondary phone or device.
Step 4: Log Out of WhatsApp Web
If you want to log out of your WhatsApp account from the web, simply click on the three dots in the top right corner and select “Log Out.”
Note: You can only use WhatsApp on one device at a time. This means that if you’re using WhatsApp on your primary device, you won’t be able to use it on your secondary device until you log out from the primary device.
Using the same WhatsApp account on two phones or devices is now easier than ever before. With the multi-device feature, you can now use WhatsApp on your browser, desktop, or secondary phone without having to create a separate account for each device. All you need to do is ensure that you have the latest version of WhatsApp installed, link your account on your primary device, and scan the QR code on your secondary device. Once you’re done using WhatsApp on your secondary device, don’t forget to log out to ensure the privacy of your messages.