In this guide, we will discover: Income Tax Department has rolled out AIS for taxpayers app; Know how to use it – guide 2023
The wave of digital India is pretty prominent, and most of the government departments are riding on it. In a recent development, the Income Tax Department of India has rolled out a new smartphone application names AIS for Taxpayers. The application will help the taxpayers to see all their information related to the Taxpayer Information Summary (TIS) pr Annual Information Summary (AIS). The AIS application shows all the information collected from multiple sources. The application can be downloaded from both Android and iOS devices from Google Play Store and Apple App Store, respectively.
That said, users can also get their hands on the application to view information like foreign remittances and GST data. The user will be allowed to give feedback regarding the information displayed on the application too. Some of the best features of the AIS for Taxpayers application are that it will let users view their details on a smartphone screen, access taxpayer information (TIS) and annual information statement (AIS), have a look at the activities list, download AIS-based information like providing and consolidating feedback in PDF format, interact with the chatbot in the application to get answers for specific queries.
How to use the AIS for taxpayers application?
- Download the AIS for taxpayers application from Google Play Store or the Apple App Store according to your requirement.
- Now open the AIS for Taxpayers app and tap on the register button.
- Put your PAN number in the mentioned field and then tap on the continue button.
- After that, you will receive an OTP on your registered smartphone number as well as the email address.
- Enter the OTP and then tap on the Verify button.
- Now you will be supposed to set a 4-digit M-PIN to get into the mobile application after the verification.