After Google, Samsung recently begin releasing the stable Android 14 for its devices. However other OEMs including OnePlus have not released the update yet. OnePlus is currently testing Android 14 in some of its devices. OnePlus Nord 2T is the latest OnePlus phone to get OxygenOS 14 Open Beta. Here’s everything about the update.
OnePlus is actively testing OxygenOS 14 beta builds which could mean OnePlus is going to be the next to release stable Android 14. If you are wondering when Oneplus will make its move, In September OnePlus announced that Android 14 based stable OxygenOS 14 release will begin from November.
But first flagship phones will get the update. Talking about OnePlus Nord 2T, it may receive stable update by end of this year as its Open beta has now began. And it usually takes one or two months after Open Beta.
Since OxygenOS 14 Open Beta 1 is now announced for OnePlus Nord 2T, users who want to test Android 14 and OxygenOS 14 early can join the beta program. Its not a closed beta program but there are still limited seats of 5000. But this will be quite stable and better than closed beta.
OnePlus Nord 2T OxygenOS 14 Open Beta 1 Changelog
OnePlus also shared the changelog of the first Open beta that you can check below.
Smart and efficient
- Improves cloud photo service by Google Photos
Security and privacy
- Improves photo and video-related permission management for safer access by apps.
- Improves system stability, the launch speed of apps, and the smoothness of animations.
- Upgrades Aquamorphic Design with a natural, gentle, and clearer color style for a more comfortable color experience.
- Adds Aquamorphic-themed ringtones and revamps the system notification sounds.
- Adds a carbon tracking AOD that visualizes the carbon emissions you avoid by walking instead of driving.
There are also a couple of known issues that you should be aware of before installing the Open beta on your device.
- Lock screen charging animation will disappear automatically and only shows when the charger is plugged in for the first time.
- The music output card in the control center won’t disappear on its own or be manually closed.
How to Apply for OxygenOS 14 Open Beta
If you own OnePlus Nord 2T (currently available in India) and excited to test OxygenOS 14 before the stable release you can now apply for the Open Beta. Here’s what you need to do:
- Make sure your phone is running the latest OxygenOS 13 build (CPH2401_11.C.29). TMO/Verizon carrier devices are not eligible.
- Open Settings on your Phones.
- Go to About device > Tap up to date > Tap icon on the top right > Beta program.
- Enter the required details and submit the application.
If your application is accepted you will receive the OxygenOS 14 Open Beta 1 as OTA update just like incremental updates. So make sure to check updates manually in Software Update page in Settings. Before installing the update make sure to take backup and charge your phone to at least 50%.