Are you unable to watch Prime videos because of a black screen or the Amazon Prime app stuck on the loading screen on your Samsung TV? You have arrived at the right place. Here we will tell you different ways to fix Amazon Prime Video not working on Samsung TV issue. Let’s get started.
1. Restart Using the Power Button
One of the best fixes that has resolved the issue of Prime Video not working on Samsung TV is to simply restart it using the Power button. You don’t even need to get up from your Sofa to restart your TV.
Simply hold the Power button on the TV’s remote when the TV is on and keep holding it until the TV turns off. Lift the finger from the Power button only when you see the Samsung logo on the screen after the TV has turned back on. The whole process will hardly take 5-10 seconds. Then, open the Prime Video app and it will start working properly on your Samsung TV.
Tip: Don’t have access to your Samsung TV remote? Check out these alternate ways to control TV.
2. Unplug TV
If the above fix didn’t help, don’t worry. There’s another way to restart your TV and fix the issue of Amazon Video not loading on Samsung TV.
In this method, you need to unplug your Samsung TV from power for at least 60 seconds. Then, plug in the power cord again to turn on your TV.
3. Check Internet
The Amazon Prime Video app could be stuck on the loading screen on your TV due to a bad internet connection. You must check whether your internet is working or not. Here are a few other tips to try:
- Open any other app on your TV and see if it’s working or not.
- Restart your Wi-Fi modem.
- Keep your TV and modem within a normal range. Don’t keep the TV too far away from the modem.
- Turn off any VPN service that you are using.
- Change the Wi-Fi network, if possible.
Tip: Know how to fix if Wi-Fi isn’t working on your Samsung smart TV.
4. Check Your Subscription
There is a chance that your Prime subscription might have expired and you must have forgotten to renew it. You can check the details or your Prime subscription on Amazon’s website.
5. Update App
Often the Prime Video app not working issue can happen due to an outdated version of the app being installed on your TV. You must update the app to fix the issue.
Simply open the Prime Video app and if you are asked to update the app, do it. Don’t skip it. If you don’t see any pop-up to update the app, restart the TV and then open the app.
Manually Update Prime Video
If the update pop-up still doesn’t show up, follow these steps to update the Prime Video app:
1. Go to Apps on the TV’s home screen and select it.
2. Then, select the Settings icon at the top.
3. Go to the Prime Video app and a list of options will appear. Select View Details.
4. Select the Update button.
6. Open the App from the App Store
This is a weird fix but has helped many users. Basically, instead of opening the app from your TV’s home screen, you must try opening it from the TV’s App Store.
1. On your TV’s home screen, select the Apps option.
2. Select the Search icon at the top and type Prime Video.
3. Select Prime Video to open the app.
Tip: Learn how to fix the app or app store missing on Samsung TV.
7. Clear Cache of Prime Video
Next, you must clear the cache of the Prime Video app on Samsung TV. For that, follow these steps:
1. Open Settings on your Samsung TV. You can do it by pressing the Settings button on the remote or by selecting the Settings icon on your TV’s home screen.
2. Inside Settings, go to Support followed by Device care.
3. Select Manage storage.
4. The list of installed apps on your TV will show up. Go to the Prime Video app and press the Down button to move the selection to View Details. Select it.
5. Select Clear Cache.
Note: If the Clear cache button appears greyed out, you must clear the cache of all apps on Samsung TV. For that, go to TV Settings > Support > Device Care> Start Device Care.
8. Update TV Software
Many times, it’s not the Prime Video app but the Samsung TV’s software that’s acting up and causing issues with the Prime Video and other apps not working. To fix it, you must check and update your TV’s software.
For that, go to TV Settings > Support > Software update. Select Update now.
Note: If the Software Update option appears greyed out in TV settings, you must exit from any app that is open on your TV. First, exit the settings, then exit the app that is open in the background. Now, try opening Settings from the home screen of your TV.
9. Set the Correct Date and Time
An incorrect date and time on your Samsung TV can also result in apps like Prime Video showing a black screen or not working properly.
To set the correct date and time on your TV, go to Settings > General > System Manager > Time > Clock > Clock Mode. Set Auto.
10. Sign Out of Prime Video
If the Prime Video app opens on your TV but it doesn’t play anything or shows a black screen when you try to play any video, then, you should try re-signing in the Prime Video app. For that, first, you must sign out and then sign back into the app.
To do so, follow these steps:
1. Open the Prime Video app on your Samsung TV.
2. Press the Left directional button to open the left sidebar in the Prime Video app. Select Settings in the sidebar.
3. Scroll down and select Sign out.
4. Once signed out, restart your TV. Then, open the Prime Video app and sign in again to your Amazon account.
Tip: Learn how to sign out of Amazon on all Devices.
11. Open Prime Video in Browser
If the Prime Video app is stuck on the Amazon logo, you can try opening the Prime Video in the Samsung Internet Browser on your TV.
What you need to do is open the Internet browser app on your TV. Go to primevideo.com from the browser and sign into your Amazon account. Then, go back to the Prime Video app, and hopefully, that should unfreeze the Prime Video on Samsung TV.
Tip: Learn how to fix Prime Video not working in Chrome browser.
12. Deregister Your TV
If Prime Video not working on your Samsung TV is happening due to login or password issues, you should try deregistering the Samsung TV from Prime Video on the web. Doing so will log you out from the Prime Video app on your TV.
1. Go the Amazon’s Manage Content and Devices webpage.
2. Click on the Devices at the top.
3. Scroll down and select Prime Video.
4. Look for your TV and click on the Deregister button next to it.
13. Reinstall the Prime Video App
Another fix that helps in resolving the Prime Video app not working on Samsung TV is to reinstall it. Typically, to reinstall an app, you must first delete it and then install it again. However, since Prime Video is pre-installed on most Samsung TVs, you cannot delete it. But Samsung does give you the option to reinstall it.
Follow these steps:
1. Go to Apps from the TV’s home screen.
2. Select the Settings icon at the top-right corner.
3. Go to the Prime Video app and select Reinstall.
Wait for your Samsung TV to reinstall the app. Once reinstalled, restart your TV and open the app again.
Tip: If you see the Delete/Uninstall option in step 3, select that. After uninstalling, go to Apps and search for Prime Video. Select it and install it. Also, learn how to add and manage apps on Samsung TV.
14. Reset TV
Finally, if nothing seems to be helping, you should try factory resetting your TV. Doing so will reset all your apps and sign you out of your Samsung account. Your TV will act like a brand-new TV.
Go to Samsung TV Settings > General> Reset to reset your TV.
Watch the Video
I hope you are able to use the Prime Video app on your Samsung TV after following the above fixes. Once everything is back on track, know the meaning of various buttons on your Samsung TV remote.